Joining us is one of the best ways to make a real difference and support the project, Become a member and you’ll join a growing group of people who play a part in everything we do – a group of driven members, passionate to see Westburn House developed to provide core facilities for the community and a museum dedicated to Aberdeen’s proud architectural heritage.
Our original group ‘Save Westburn House Action Group’ officially became charity Westburn development Trust on the 8th April 2020. As a non profit community run Charity are aims are stated in our constitution. "The advancement of the arts, heritage, culture or science", "The provision of recreational facilities, or the organisation of recreational activities, with the object of improving the conditions of life for the persons for whom the facilities or activities are primarily intended". Our constitution can be viewed by clicking on the Charity number link on our home page.
By becoming a friend or charity member of Westburn Development Trust, you help us continue with our vital work to advance the project as well as raising awareness among the wider community. You will have the satisfaction of knowing you’ve joined a positive force for change, helping to make sure Westburn House is protected for future generations.
Why join The WDT ?
- Become a member and we’ll keep you up-to-date with all of the latest Westburn house news though our quarterly Membership newsletter, packed full of the most recent developments, plus all the latest news from our supporters and fundraisers.
- Have your say, our membership gives you a voice, Help us to shape the future of Westburn house.
- The chance to vote for our trustees and to become a trustee yourself. Members vote for our trustees, so you can have a direct say in choosing the people who steer what we do. And, if you're passionate about Westburn Development Trusts mission, you could become a trustee yourself.
Trustee board member
- More hands on involvement. Charity trustees play a very important role in making sure that the charity is run in the interests of the people and the building.
- As a trustee you have the chance to support and shape the work and strategic direction of our organisation, and you can make a significant difference to the cause.
- It is important to be realistic about how much time you can commit, trustees would be requested to spend an amount of time on the role including attending regular meetings.
- The charity’s needs are likely to be made up of a range of activities that may occur at different times of the day usually evenings/weekends and vary across the year.
To get involved, let us know by filling out this form.
We would like to say a HUGE thank you to all the people who have got in touch so far and donated ... our community is just amazing and we are so proud of the support we are getting!
Thank you, Westburn Development Trust SCIO